View Single Post
Old 2006-06-18, 5:53pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Default Lunar Bead Tutorial

I will post pics in a bit, but it is really self-explanatory.

There are a few ways to make them, but I will cover one way.

Make a large barrel bead in black or cobalt or any other color you want for the sky. Make a second smaller bead in dark ivory and melt them so they become one. Shape this bead up how you want it, but you are going to squeeze it flat, so keep that in mind.

Wrap the black and ivory bead in either silver foil or leaf and burnish well. Each gives a slightly different look. Foil will give very noticable stars in the black sky, whereas leaf gives a more colorful look to the ivory.

take the burnished bead into the flame and burn off the silver. You can add meteors to the sky by trailing different colored transparents across the silvered black. You can make the lunar lanscape different by trailing different colors across the bottom.

Squich the bead flat, making sure to leave enough glass on both sides of the mandrel so it does not crack.

Now, for the moon. Take a yellow or black stringer and touch it to the sky and make a small dot and melt in flat.

Voila. A lunar bead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.