View Single Post
Old 2008-10-16, 7:54pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner Studios View Post

Mike, LOL why do you want to rain on their parade? Com"on just because we can't control other people. We should just give up.

Scott

Not at all, Scott, but it's good to know that when you spend a lot of work making your image look as best as you can and then someone takes a look at it and says it's too dark, or it's too fuzzy, or it's a funny orange (when it's really blue) that you can know that it's their monitor. I've seen a lot of people that didn't know about calibrated monitors and how different browsers affect how your image looks and are crushed when someone tells them their image looks terrible, thinking it really does and then spend even more time in Photoshop or some other editor trying to fix it, when it doesn't need fixing at all. And realistically, most people do not have calibrated monitors, either the person editing the image or the person viewing. While most monitors come out of the box pretty close for color balance, they are usually way to bright and have the contrast set too high. This causes most images to turn out too dark and soft when viewed by others or printed.

None of this is meant to rain on anyone's parade, nor is it meant for anyone to give up. It's just another aspect of digital photography that anyone that is serious about wanting to create the best images they can, need to know.

Mike