View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 12:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsGlass View Post
Dasi,

Very insightful information. This is one case where ADD really helps solve issues. I like the scientific approach you took going as far as weighing the tanks.

Another artist who used to frequent here found that the location you purchase the propane from can make a difference. If you are trying to bring up the metals, a "dirty" propane can be more effective. Places that don't turn over their product as often are the best places to buy.
Funny...... I have 3 places to get propane and I will only use the one place because I have seen sparks going through the torch from the other 2 places. Dirt!!! I want it clean. I did a lot of gas grill cooking to get rid of the propane when I saw the sparks in the flame from the torch. I am so picky.

I have torched with Butane and I got some wonderful reduction on my silver glass with butane. It is a very dirty fuel. Maybe I need to rethink the dirty propane???? I used butane when I was torching in Israel since propane is not easy to get.

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]