View Single Post
Old 2012-12-18, 4:59pm
Naysayer

Quote:
Pretty much 98% of the 104 goldstone stringers come from Effetre. The factory that makes the goldstone is in Italy. I have been there and the size of the boulder was as big as a sofa. There were two workers in chairs with hammers hammering away. They would divide the rocks they broke off into three different grades......small stars (used for Jewelry) large stares (sold to glass factories) and the green stuff which ends up in the landfill.
<snip>

Did I mention that we have goldstone stringers for sale? Goldstone stringers always discounted at Frantz Art Glass, the leader in the 104 glass industry.

Have a nice day

Mike
Can I ask why the green is dumped? I see a few threads over the years that some have cracking issues with green..is it the dumped stuff or is there green that is made for use?

DO NOT want to step on any toes, but I thought I would give a go with devardi goldstone rod. I have to say it's just as sparkly as using chunks and way easier imo...just encase the end and pull a stringer. It's 4-5mm, looks crappy until you encase and pull, it's surprised me how sparkly it is. I can post pics if anyone is interested, but they honestly look just like Eileen's.