View Single Post
Old 2011-02-02, 5:54pm
I'm listen-Oooh, sparkly!

Default Silly snowbound newbie air compressor question

So, I've been stuck the past two days, snowbound, and dying to use my new torch (National 8M, SM7 tip). I've got everything for the propane side - regulator, hose, flashback arrestor, etc., but am waiting for my oxycon (no real delay, just standard waiting on shipment).

I've got an air compressor, 18 gallon, capable of running an air nailer, drills, etc. for hours on end with no problem. It's basically got an on-board regulator that tells the pressure in the tank & the pressure in the line. I'm pretty sure I can get it down far enough for the oxygen side of the torch, and DH mentioned the possible issue of burning nitrogen because it's not straight oxygen - I didn't figure that would be any worse than working with a hothead.

So, has anyone tried this before or can they think of any real problems? If no one can think of anything by tomorrow afternoon, I'll try to steal a bit of studio time with some cheap glass & report back the results . . . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." Ghandi