View Single Post
Old 2005-11-23, 8:22am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Booger
My original intention was to head here and ask for help on boro and here it is! After a month or so of trying, I finally figured out how to get some of the colors to pop in the flame. SO HAPPY I put them into the kiln for annealing and what do my eyes spy this morning exiting the kiln but a pile of MUD beads! This boro stuff is TOUCHY! I will try the re-annealing idea tomorrow and maybe I can bring the colors back? (BTW, annealed at 1100 for hours........won't do that again)

Sheesh, all this trouble for 6 lousey beads? IF I EVER FIGURE IT OUT I AM GOING TO HAVE A DRINK...or two...

Very Frustrated,
Ms. Booger

Sorry about the frustration ! I'm pretty sure putting them back into the annealer will not help. For bead making with boro, Doug Remschneiders DVD is very helpful. Boro does not like being re heated over and over at the torch. For instance GA Carmel luster, a couple of wraps on the mandrel of it, and encase in clear. Melt up/shape up, and bring the bead almost to clear. Hold it under the table to watch for the glow to be gone, and then in the back flame, strike the color. You can't take it in and out of the flame, that's what makes it muddy.

Dougs DVD is very good, and I do like his color recipe book.

www.remschneiderglass.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.