View Single Post
Old 2006-02-06, 11:24am
ManBearPig

Ask 100 different boro workers, and you'll get 100 different answers.

Doug Remschneider recommends up to 5 hours at hold temperature to develop color. I usually don't leave mine in there that long. I usually let it go 2 hours or so at temperature then start ramping it down. But it depends on the color of glass, and the color I want. I have re-annealed pieces before to get the colors to strike more. In that situation, I bring it up to temperature and check it every 30 minutes or so. When it's at the color I want (actually it will usually be a little darker at annealing temp than at room temp) I start ramping it back down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.