View Single Post
Old 2011-01-16, 9:22am
uncouthful cats

Some time back I read a description by someone who called it "plowing". Yep, plowing it is. I must be a farmer at heart. I know you're supposed to get the basic bead shape & then never distort that while you're fooling around putting superficial decoration stuff on, but that never works for me. Heat control sucks. I must reshape that bead 2-3 times during the process.

If I try using a glass pick, it usually ends up with a bit of the bead color on the end. If I dip it in the water can to try to shock it off, the pick shocks too, & when I touch it to the bead again, it often fractures & leaves globs of clear on the bead. If I try to incorporate the little glob of colored glass into the pick (yeah, lazy, I know), it invariably pops off when I touch the bead leaving a colored, as opposed to clear, blob. So I end up using a brass or tungsten tool & plow away. Oh, did I mention my heat control sucks?

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!