View Single Post
Old 2008-12-10, 5:36pm
Mom to 20 paws

Default Pls Write Warnings on Tuts

O.k Im ready. I realize I am going to get alot of crap for this but here it goes.

Could the artist of the tuts please put a big warning on your promoting pages of whether or not we can make and sell these beads we just learned about.

I went on a tut buying spree this week some on Etsy and some off of websites. So no you wont be able to see who I am talking about nor will I tell you if you PM me.

I mean really I just paid for information on how to do something and now you dont want me to work at it and then sell them. Why do you think we are buying them.

Yes some of these tuts you can use different colors and make your own and some really you cannot. We are all using the same pallettes here.

How absolutly refreshing that one tut writers even says go forth and make them. That they realize this is a problem.

I think you have to decided what you want. Do you want to make alot of money selling tuts? Then if so dont guilt us out because we paid you money and we are putting out what you have taught us. Or do you want to be the artist to sell your type of beads. Please decide but you cant have it both ways.

All you have to do is write a big old warning on your page where you are promoing you tut thats says "You cannot reproduce and sell any beads you have made from this tut". Then we at least know if we want to spend the money first. No guilt trips for us then either. Then everyone is forwarned and can decide. Yes you may have a decrease in your tut sales but at least then you can make money with your beads and tuts with people that just wanted the knowledge.

I believe I am not the only one that feels this way but people on here sometimes get a little afraid to say anything. O.k let the flaming begin, I have big shoulders.

Jen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy jewelry-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AAA Gemstone Beads Etsy-