View Single Post
Old 2008-12-10, 6:45pm
Carpe Beadum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
If it was not stated prior to purchase that the designs could not be commercially reproduced, you bought it in good faith and should be able to sell the beads.
It happens more often than you think. I remember a seed bead class (some kind of bracelet bead weaving technique, I think) at a national event where people paid a lot to take a class, and were told at the class (not before) that you weren't allowed to reproduce the design for sale, only for personal use. It caused a big stink at the time. I've taken a class at Corning where the goal was to make super realistic bugs and fish, and only during the middle of the class was it stated that the artist didn't want us to copy him and sell them. (??)

I've never bought a tutorial that stated you couldn't reproduce the beads for sale, but it wouldn't surprise me. That's why I'm always thankful when the tutorial writer states it's ok.

If the writer genuinely doesn't want the beads in question reproduced for sale, I completely agree that it should be stated prior to purchase. Any limitation, such as the number of copies you can print, or what you can do with the beads or technique, should be written on the purchase page.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"In dreams we pass into the deeper and more universal truth." Carl Jung