View Single Post
Old 2008-12-10, 7:08pm
Mom to 20 paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
Without seeing the tutorial this is just kind of a shot in the dark, but is it possible you misinterpreted what was written? Most of the tutorials I've seen either imply go forth and make the whatever, or have some message that says more directly, please don't reproduce these verbatim. Put your own touches on them. IOW, If the tutorial says "use red stringer, make dots, now use blue stringer, make dots", don't *just* use red and blue in anything that you might sell. Sure, maybe you'll make one along the way, but the point isn't to reproduce what's in the tutorial exactly, but more to teach the method and technique.

I think if I *did* find a tutorial that said explicitly not to use the info in anything you sell I'd either do it out of spite or send back a nasty email to the tutorial author and possibly even out them.
First of all of course they dont use the exacts words. But it is a big guilt trip that making these beads is their livlihood. Thats as much as I am going to quote. I am not going to out anyone.

First of all I bought the tut to learn how to make them. You cant deviate that much from what tut I bought as to making them and it even goes to color as well.

My whole point is just put a big warning that you dont want people selling beads from that tut on the promo page. Then the people will decide what they want to do. If nothing is on the promo page its fair game . You cannot have it both ways. Writing a little guilt trip is just a whole head game ooh should I should I not.

Its simple just write a warning thats all. The writers are wanting protect from getting ripped off well give it to the consumers as well.

Jen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy jewelry-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AAA Gemstone Beads Etsy-