View Single Post
Old 2008-12-10, 7:15pm
Fancy Mammal

Quote:
Originally Posted by artic^wolf View Post
I have no idea how any of this could be policed, but you can put any limitations you want on a tutorial, it will keep the honest people from doing .

I agree with the OP, it would be nice if the wishes of the author were made known prior to purchase. It just seems the fair thing to do.
Maybe, maybe not. I will never "duplicate" a bead from a tutorial - because that would bore me. I also happen to believe I'm one of the more honest rule following people out there, the one who follows the intention. Don't know how to say it so hopefully you get the idea.

That said, if that isn't stated before I buy the non-refundable tutorial, I'd feel a huge desire to say "F'you".

For two reasons. One is I do think the tutorial seller is expecting to have it both ways (the butter and money to buy the butter) and that's not fair.

The second is that I feel like it's changing the rules after the fact, and when rules are changed after the fact I don't feel that they have as much weight.

I'd never, ever buy a tutorial where someone says I can't use what I learned in their tutorials. Finding out that I'm not allowed to after the fact is like you buying a bracelet from me, and *then* me telling you when and how long you're allowed to wear it. Or the fact that sometimes we develop our own techniques that are very similar to others, and then where would I be? Would I have to defend my use of a technique that I developed myself?

Anyway, that is so a headache that I don't want, I wouldn't even begin the discussion (eg won't buy the tutorial)