View Single Post
Old 2008-12-27, 11:29pm

[quote=Asil4;2281604]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenMuse View Post
As this includes the specific word "sell" ... "any useful article embodying that design" - I'm 99.9% certain this would cover the concern about "I bought a tutorial, therefore I should own the design"

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.

Again, I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. It appears from what I'm reading that the last paragraph covers someone else- besides the design owner reproducing the design for teaching purposes.

LIsa
That paragraph on using for teaching purposes opens another can of worms. I immediately thought of Sharon Peters and her story of the woman who stopped at her booth to try and rush her into tutorials, with the threat of someone else beating her to it.

If anyone were to use classroom materials from another teacher, and use them to teach is that legal? Would it make a difference if the materials used were given away for free, or if the the materials carried a cost? I would think it would be against the law to take Ms. Peters materials and use them to teach others, but that paragraph seems to say differently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.