View Single Post
Old 2008-12-28, 9:45am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah_hornik View Post
Throwing in another point to consider - US law might not be entirely relevant in our case, because many tut writers/buyers don't live in the US.

I have absolutely no idea how these things work (beyond what I've been reading in this thread), and don't really see myself resorting to legal options over a tutorial anyway.

For me, it's more about community ethics and respect than what the law says or doesn't say.
That's a very valid point Sarah, I know I have read where some copyright law is the same in Israel, also many laws differ in Europe. For instance both the 2-d and the 3-d are protected in Europe...but not in the USA. There are some laws that pertain to legally imported goods, but I haven't read as thoroughly on that subject. Guess I should, lol.

I also feel that ethics and respect are important factors here, but the community can't legally enforce them. I feel the law does become important when people apply their ethics model to another, and harm the other persons business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.