View Single Post
Old 2008-12-28, 4:31pm
a pox upon an idiot :..

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondanse View Post
I agree completely, Lisa.

Some of us don't agree that copyright laws protect tutorials because the author is teaching how to make the exact bead. Anyone interested in protecting their work should not sell information about replicating it.
Add me to the list also. If I buy something it's mine, plain and simple. If you don't want me to have it, keep it and don't take my money for it.

Don't sell me exact, step by step instructions to something and expect me not to follow those directions exactly or with restrictions, UNLESS you tell me this upfront, in writing on the tutorial, before I purchase it.

If I choose to sell the beads you really shouldn't worry about the repercussions that I might face because it's really none of your concern anymore. If something bad happens to me or my reputation, it's no ones fault but my own, I made the choice and will have to face the concequences.

It's all about choices....

A person choose to write a tutorial
They choose to accept money for the tutorial
Another person chooses to purchase it
They now get to choose what they do with the information they paid to learn in the tutorial.

I've already stated earlier in this thread that personally I have no desire to copy anyone's beads exactly and sell them and that most of my purchases were to support the authors efforts or to give away as gifts.

I do feel strongly about having restrictions put on something that is mine, again, unless I agree to the restriction before I make a purchase and this in no way only applies to only a bead tutorial. I would never make a purchase, lets use Dell as an example, without first reading there terms of service before hitting the "Confirm Order" button. An I would cetainly not expect Dell to have any right to what I do with my computer once I paid for it, and neither do they.

Am I the only one who doesn't see this as all that complicated?