Thread: Viking Knit
View Single Post
Old 2009-01-26, 8:42am

Amanda: that looks great! If your "too short" segments of chain are 2-1/2 to 3 inches, you could make hoop earrings out of them. Show us your double knit when you are done!

Patti: it depends. Single knit chain in 26 gauge can be stretched by hand, but the resulting chain may be uneven. Double knit chains certainly need a drawplate, as will a chain made with a heavier gauge. I have pulled a 24 ga single knit by hand, but it was necessary because of graduated stitches and I used a piece of leather to protect myself. Every chain I make that includes pearls or gemstone chips is pulled by hand as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.