View Single Post
Old 2011-04-09, 3:07pm
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

When I apply the twistie, I make sure that the base and the twistie are both glowing. Not drippy, but hot enough for them to attach to each other. Once the tip of the twistie is where it should I apply enough heat to melt the twistie as I apply it, so that it wont pop up, or loosen up from the tip and start to curl up. I dont really press it with paddle or marver, but I guess you can do it before you melt it, just to make sure it is on the surface, but dont press it inside the base or it will not spread nicely onto the surface. I hope this explained at all. And yes, I think black is really difficult base to work with. Maybe skip the white all together and get ivory and really thin stripes of something with little color, and I think it would be great if that accent color would be also reactive. Just a thought. I wish I didnt have to work tonight, I would go onto the torch and try to give you good tips, after I acctually tried if they work.
Good luck, dont be discouraged, if it doesnt work, at least you will learn something that will make you grow as a lampworker!