View Single Post
Old 2008-01-03, 12:54am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbeardog View Post
Hi DeAnne,
Thank you for the compliment! I must have used 9 layers of dots for each flower. So how would that work if I encased the whole bead after each layer? Wouldn't that make the bead huge!?
What I'm going to try next is to make a layer of petals then dot clear over each dot of the layer? Maybe? I would think that this would give the same effect. Whats think? Have you tried this thought?
Kathy
Hi Kathy~

Yes, nine layers of clear would be GINORMUS, wouldn't it!?! I think that a compromise is a great thought - that putting clear on the petals only, and allowing them to "sink" (melt) in should work pretty well.

I'm going to go PM Michelle (bousky here on LE) and BEG her to come join us here and give us some tips - check out the beauties in Post #15 on this thread:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75530

Maybe she would be kind enough to share some of her skills with us - aren't these amazing!?!

TO BE CONTINUED....

DeAnne in CA

EDIT: Also "inviting" Cynthia's input - she's glassactcc here on LE and also does wonderful florals!!! Par-teeeeee!!!!!!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2008-01-03 at 1:39am.