View Single Post
Old 2008-01-03, 11:26am

Oh yeah, and I LOVE your florals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bousky View Post
Hi all,

This is a great thread! Wonderful work here!

After skimming this thread, I realize this is all very much about personal style. I encase deeply and intensely heat each layer and I work with a very small flame. I put down a base petal color and dot with another color. I plunge deeply and break off the stamen cane my blowing on it and snapping.

I did do a tutorial and below is the link to it on LE. I also have a link to a one page PDF version. I will add that link when I figure out what it is. I am kind of in a hurry right now. I will come back when I have more time to really read this thread!

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52884
This type takes me about half an hour.

This is at least an hour

I loose track on these. Three hours or more is what I know them to take. I try to have unlimited time ahead of me to start a larger bead. The last step of fixing the shape seems to take as much time as laying down the blossoms. As you can see I didn't leave enough time for the second one.

Patience and Practice, Practice, Practice is a big key to florals. I do get discouraged often. My last session I made a big three hour bead that will never see the light of a camera due to smearing. Good Luck!

I am happy to answer any questions that you may have. I will read this thread in more depth later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.