View Single Post
Old 2008-01-03, 12:43pm

Hi Kathy. It really IS hard to explain but I think you have the main idea. Let's say we are ready to plunge. So, lets say you heat the flower you are going to plunge and the center gets nice and hot and in goes the poker. The outer part of the flower is not going to move but the center will. So you end up with a flatter flower. What you want to do, is heat the whole bead and plunge all of the flowers at the same time. Well, one right after the other. Your bead should be hot enough that you can do this without reheating the centers. So, the "skin" would be when your bead is glowing, it begins to cool. It cools on the outside first. When it starts to cool and most of the glow is gone, that's when you want to plunge. Also, if your adding a stamen, I still plunge with a pick first because you have more force to push the center way down. Sometimes stamen cane breaks and you can't plunge all of the flowers quickly with cane because you would be taking to much time cutting the cane and the bead would get too cool. When you want to add stamen, you just heat the tip and make a point and plunge into the center hole you already have made. That way, it fills the hole and you won't get a bubble.

So, in short, when the whole flower is hot, all of the petals will move with the plunge and make a more realistic flower.......in my opinion.

Thank you so much for you very nice compliment on my bead. Don't be overwhelmed, I will answer any questions you have if I can. Once you get the hang of it, you can do it in your sleep.

I am not going to be in Eugene. I really only teach one on one right now and classes here locally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.