View Single Post
Old 2013-10-19, 8:29pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
Elizabeth that is interesting. Something I forgot to mention above, I often wave it though a reducing flame then turn the flame to oxidising, put the bead down near the candles for a second or two, then reduce again. Sometimes I do that 4 or 5 times, & you can see the colours change when the oxidising flame hits the glass. What I hadn't thought of was reheating the glass to restrike it, I never get my psyche to transparent but next time I will try over reducing & then heating it back up again to try erasing it.
I don't recommend it. I get the best reduction the first time. I don't want to erase it. Plus you really have to superheat it, you can't just warm it up.

I do make sure any accidental reduction is completely burned off before I turn down my oxygen. I almost always encase reduction silver glass. I like the mother of pearl look.

I think this one is Psyche.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox