View Single Post
Old 2016-02-03, 7:19pm
bryntaran

Question Question on selling/pricing glass

Not sure where to post this, but know LEers are always there to help.

I have been doing boro for about 3 years now. I started with 104 and thought I might get back to it, but it just isn't happening.
I happen to be in a class right now (open studio) and there is someone who is just getting into soft glass and is interested in buying some of/all of my glass.
The problem is that I have a lot of Messy glass and Effetre, but mostly in 1/4 to 1/2 lb. batches. Also frits. I have no idea what to charge. Do I weigh each color and how do I decide what to charge. Do I charge by looking at current prices and charge that or is there just some kind of formula to average out different glass prices and give one price per pound, per five pounds? I know what I paid for the frits and have not even used some and others have hardly been used. Do I charge $5 or something less than the sale price from where I got it? I'd like to get my money out of this, as you know it is a large investment, but at the same time would love her to take most of it and I won't have shipping and handling costs to deal with.

I would really appreciate any help you could give me, obviously I haven't a clue how to go about this. There is also an amazing workshop coming up this summer that I would love to take and this money would make it happen.

Thanks again, Judy