View Single Post
Old 2011-05-19, 7:15am
Gentleman of Leisure

I'm not entirety sure, but modern plumbing seems to be ignoring the dirt trap plumbing like one used to see in older homes.... Actually did you ever see any instructions for cleaning a "dirt trap".... No one even seems to mention it in plumbing to day.... Interesting question... I'll have to do follow up research...

Actually the "oil" you mention (I'm guessing) is "Ethyl Mercaptan" (propane odorant) and is a "flammable" liquid so it should not be an issue...

Only other oils one may find in line (hoses) may come from the polymers uses in the hoses to keep them pliable.... In single fuel torch applications (hothead) the high pressure reacts with hose construction and squeezes out some of the polymers which tends to clog the orifice of the hot head ... BUT the polymer leach out does not seem to effect "twin hose" at low pressures that we use... Most people think the problem with bulk fuels and hothead is dirty propane, but I have yet to seen anything officially that propane is dirty and carries oils and vapors (other than water vapor) that causes problems...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal