View Single Post
Old 2011-05-20, 7:33am
Gentleman of Leisure

Update...

Well I have looked around a bit. And I have found everything from "international rules require them" to "Oklahoma has dropped there requirement for them because they rust out and cause leaks"...

There seem to be no real authority on them.... One site that has a school course on how do plumbing by Georgia's plumbing association and states that they are not really necessary but went into two or three pages how to do them.... Another site states you only need them before automated valves....

Actually looked behind my kitchen range -None... Looked behind my gas clothes drier -None... Looked beside my forced air furnace-None... Looked at gas outlet on screen porch for BBQ-None...Looked at gas water heater, it has one????? (but looks amateurish)... Disclaimer- All plumbing is as it was when we purchased house and as professionally inspected before purchase....

Bottom line is probably if you feel it needs one or there is a code requirement you can find, do it....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal