View Single Post
Old 2010-03-06, 9:11pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane (clarus) View Post
Interesting - usually when a fan is called an "inline duct fan" it is a booster for a more powerful system and not suitable for our purposes, but that doesn't seem to be the case for this one. It looks very much like my 8" Vortex, but is half the price! Let us know how it works.

I like your hood.

-Diane
Excuse me but "In Line Duct Fan" terminology does not automatically mean its a "In Line Duct Booster Fan".....

A "Inline Duct Fan" merely is stating that is has provisions (mounting rings) on each end of fan unit to connect in middle of duct run....

A "Duct Booster Fan" may also have same provisions but not the same ratings ...

The fan for hydroponics use (In Line Duct Fan) has a rating of 7xx CFM... That is the key here....

A Inline Duct Booster Fan generally has TWO ratings, one when used in duct as booster fan (7xx cfm for example), and another as a free air rating (like 350cfm) for example... Free air rating is one to consider if using a BOOSTER fan for ventilation system....

The key here is reading the fan specifications provided by manufacturer/seller....

http://www.dchydro.com/product/81/8-...e-Fan-720-CFM/

I see no indication in this ad that the above mentioned fans as show that it is a "in line duct BOOSTER fan"..... There for it is to be assumed (bad word here) to be a 7xx CFM "inline duct fan"....

Hope this post does not ruffle any feathers....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2010-03-24 at 6:52pm.