View Single Post
Old 2009-02-22, 1:46pm
In spite of it all!

Great suggestions Mona! Sadly, this will need to be next year. I will continue to brain storm with the people that are helping with this and plan for a bigger event next year. We are drawing up plans to start the buildings here in the next few weeks. A small studio and a good size barn type building that will be set up for lots of possibilities.

I am excited with all the plans we are making to be able to have a great CRAM IT event for everyone. I am sad about the need to cancel this first annual Camp Run A Muck. (yes... traditional ways spell it "muk", but you all know I am anything but traditional and I am not talking about that traditional kind of muck anyway! ) We had a lot of interest in being campers and teachers with promises for next years event. I was hoping to be able to pull this off... but everything is pointing to next year rather then this. I can't fight the universe, so will follow it instead and go where it is guiding me. Please keep this event in mind for June 2010. June is the best time to come to the desert as everything is alive, beautiful and not hot at that point yet normally.

We have been busily laying out the grounds for the camping area and where the buildings will go. This will be easier for next year too so everyone can get the biggest bang for their bead camp buck. Food, top shelf bead makers teaching and doing demos, suppliers, vendors with a wide array of glass related goodies, bead and glass sellers, open torch times, night out at McMinnamins pre-camp hangout party and much more. It will be a blast but just not this year.
People have emailed left and right because they want to attend. When I get all the buildings I want to build done this year, there will be room for 50 "campers" rather then just 20.

All you guys deserve the best and I want to try to give that to you, even if in a small way. I have so much to give back to the lampwork community for the encouragement and sharing that has come my way. I can honestly say that lampworking and so many great hearts out there have saved my life. So, I got to get cracking and give something back. All of you are my top priority for the new tool line too. I am getting ready to have this whole new line made by a new company. I am excited about this new big change and even more excited that this tool maker understands molten glass artists.
OK, that is all I am going to say about the new tool line for now.

If you want to chat, ask questions or any other camp run a muck type comments, please feel free to post or email me. My in box for PM is nearly full and I will not be clearing it. The best way to reach me is by email.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.