View Single Post
Old 2011-01-03, 9:15pm
one day at a time

You don't have to stress yourself by trying to make more than one bead on a mandrel. I never do and I never will. I did try it once or twice with spacers and I thought it was too stressful. I like to focus on one bead at a time, and no thanks to the snap crackle and pop. I work with a Bobcat which has a narrow flame and no radiant heat.

I make all of my beads the same size and within .5mm (or less!) of each other in a set. For a set of 9, I make 11 and pick two out to set aside to match up to another set later. I rarely have to go back and make more to complete a set.

I wrote a FREE tutorial in the Tutorials section on how to get your beads all the same size and shape, using ONE mandrel. I offered to do this as a video tutorial a long time ago and no one wanted to PAY for it. People had answers like, "I measure the rod with a Sharpie" or "I use a Beadroller". Okay...but what are you really learning, the hard way to do it?? I'm from the old school of lampworking and I was taught that heat, gravity and "eye level" were my friends. They still are.

So if you really wanna learn how to do the best way, the tutorial is there. If anyone cares to read it....

Last edited by Lisi; 2011-01-03 at 9:20pm.