View Single Post
Old 2013-05-14, 10:29pm

Well, guess what? I was signed up to take a class with Margaret, but the class was canceled due to low enrollment at Bead Camp. That was my original plan....then I tried experimentation using a lot of the techniques you suggested. I didn't go up to 1200, but at 950 I took them out and flame fired them. I have 2 that I consider successful. I did use lavender oil...ordered online after getting some at Michael's that wasn't the real stuff. Next I will try grinding them a little finer. So far the main thing I'm disappointed with is the thickness. I wanted it to blend in more, but to do that I'd end up melting the "canvas." Another thing I'm disapponted with is that the colors are more instense than I want. I'm going to try sifting white over the whole thing tomorrow.

And on the topic of sifting, do you have any hints in regard to being neat? That is to keep the excess from ending up on my table? I'm a little phobic about cleaning up after I'm done with them and wish there were some ready made answers to keeping the microscopic bits out of the air and work space.

Thank you for letting me know that what I'm trying so far is the right way to go!