View Single Post
Old 2006-10-05, 10:43am

Here's some tips from members and also the official tip from Lauscha.
Hope it helps

http://web.mac.com/marciedavis/iWeb/...Supernova.html

Try This: It's a silver based color. That means that after you get your shaping done, let it cool slightly and then hit it once or twice with a really reducing flame, with plenty of gas, very little oxygen. The more you reduce it, the more surface effects you can get. They range from pale opaque blue to opaque sandy butterscotch. I noticed that if I only partially reheated the glass, several inches from the flame, I got yummy peacock tail colors. If I reheated close to the torch for a serious reheat with a good glow, I got the more sandy/desert butterscotch effects. Try melting in dots of clear here and there to multiply the type of effects you get. We'll be posting in a day or two the "official" version of how to work the color. Till then, have fun, and send me photos of what you come up with.

I'm on a hothead and I played with it just a little bit last night. Used a mosaic green base with dots of opal yellow and then added the supernova on top of those. I got a very light purple transparent color. The beaeed is wonky so I'll try again today and post it. I worked it both very low to flame and heated it up super high and also up towards the top of the flame like you do with Kronos....same results each time. I'll make a couple just on white today to see if there's a difference in where I heat it.
Irene

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.