View Single Post
Old 2013-08-21, 6:15pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by istandalone24/7 View Post
actually with the phantom having 22 jets, and that note referring to torches with 30-60 jets, misleading is exactly what that statement is.
for that kind of coin, each torch should come with specific instructions/requirments, especially since many first time blowers get gtt's and are clueless.

considering who you are married to, i don't see you agreeing with me on that.
I don't believe that the instruction sheet is misleading. Misleading would be if it would not work with the torch or would be a bad setting for it. That's not the case. The main difference between 35/10 and 25/8 is valve responsiveness and that is a user preference. You could run the propane down at 2 psi, if you want.

Whom I'm married to has nothing to do with my opinion, but my understanding of how torches work, particularly GTTs, does. (not said with a snarky tone, btw)

ETA: I think the reason that the two-stage torches share an instruction sheet is that the pressure settings provide enough flow to feed all of those torches. It's a blanket suggestion because the user can adjust the pressures to suit their working styles. As long as you have enough pressure to run a safe, usable flame and get what you want out of the torch flame-wise, you're good.

Running pressures at the high end isn't going to burn through more fuel and oxygen. The flame you run dictates the consumption.

Last edited by kbinkster; 2013-08-21 at 6:58pm.