View Single Post
Old 2007-12-07, 3:38pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria View Post
I'm a little late for a reply, but I just read this today. YES, you can make soft glass rings. They are my favorite thing to make. I wear them all the time, -even while I do electrical work (my former occupation)- and haven't broken any on my hands, as of yet. I must add that I'm very rough on them. I wear them next to my silver rings with no problem. The ones that I've broken were while I was cleaning them and they flew out of my hands and bounced all over the room and onto the tile floor -always before annealing. You can see some of the rings I make in my Etsy shop here:

http://daydreamglass.etsy.com

I have an assortment of big hole mandrels from Arrow Springs that I make them on. It's totally addicting. I have to force myself back into "bead mode" sometimes.

-Daria

Daria I assume you are coating your mandrels with bead release so my question is, how do you get the inside of your rings smooth and shiny after using release? Your rings look terrific and the insides seem very smooth and appealing. So what's your secret to clean shiny insides of rings?

Red

Lynx, Midrange, Scorpion Regalia Oxycon