Thread: Boro and lenses
View Single Post
Old 2005-08-25, 8:53am
ManBearPig

Well, I'm not the expert that Mike is, but I'll tell you what I've gathered from my experience...

I would not use any boro until you get the proper eye protection. The damage that UV (or is it IR) does to your eyes does not happen immediately. It damages them over time. So, working with boro today without the proper eye protection may ruin your eyesight in 5 years. Will it definately happen? Of course not. Is there a chance? Yes.

I know people who do boro work with regular didymium (sp?) glasses, and they claim their eyes are fine. Perhaps they are. Personally, I'm not willing to take that chance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.