View Single Post
Old 2009-02-09, 6:17pm
Ad astra per aspera

For whatever it's worth, I did a crazy "cold to hot" test just in case it might push any incompatibility along. I put an assortment of beads that I was concerned about (not all Devardi, even) in the deep freeze for several hours, then took them out and dropped them into just-boiled water. The only damage done was on a few bits of swiped stringer which probably wasn't melted-on well to begin with.

The majority of the beads were either Devardi base colors cased in Vetro clear or CIM Peace cased with Devardi transparents. Small beads, but when I've done this in the past with "confused" clear (blush--I have an ID system now!), they've all cracked by the time this was all done. Certainly it's not foolproof, though.

Oh! I tried some of Val's frit on that lovely sky blue...no weird reactions and no cracking there, either. Finally, a blue that doesn't metallize!

I WILL post pics tomorrow. The light here today has been awful because it's been all gray and blustery.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.