View Single Post
Old 2012-02-23, 10:26pm

Since you're already focused on the photography, it might be good to spend some time looking at layout. I don't know what you're using to create your site, so I'll just make some general comments.

I noticed the pictures are of different sizes and some are butted up to each other, while others have padding. Like resumes, white space is essential on websites. You're better off with one fantastic picture than 3 ok ones.

Headings are inconsistent - it's hard to follow. On the Home page - your welcome message is right of the Vase collection title. On the about me page - My studio (photo title) appears to be the heading - but the page is about you.

Font Size - if you can, I would increase it in your content.

Gallery - again, the photo layout. If you have the ability to use tables, this is the best way to layout your photos. Draw it on paper and then you'll know how you want to lay it out.

Generally on photos - be consistent in photo size. If you want to make one photo per page stand out - make it slightly larger. But all the rest should be the same general dimensions - whether that's a perfect square that you've cropped, or resized from the orginal file. -- This element is more important on your site because of the way it's laid out. The varied sizes is distracting. The page should flow - think quilt.

I hope these ideas are useful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dori

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well behaved women seldom make history ~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich