View Single Post
Old 2013-04-22, 7:41am
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki B. View Post
Somehow it seems to happen in the last part of melting or polishing. I often get this when I melt murrini flat - I think especially if there is 96 coe in the murrini on 104 bead. Maybe it is metal particles on the surface as there is little sparking (I think). It really doesn't seem to matter how slowly I melt in...
I agree, it doesn't seem to matter how slowly I reheat pressed turquoise either, but ONCE I decided to reheat it so slowly you would have thought I was in a race for slowest snail. That helped. I think it just needs to be "ridiculously slow" which I consider to be a waste of my time. I KNOW it needs to be done slowly, I just have other things I'd rather do with my time. :^)

It's probably also about flame chemistry too. Maybe "too slowly, with a little too much propane"? My flame's a bit propane rich 'cause my oxycon's a little on the tired side.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

#M-191