View Single Post
Old 2011-01-14, 4:22pm
da General

I'd definitely not get a kiln with ceramic blanket floor and wall - it doesn't retain heat and also require you to ramp down the kiln all the way down instead of being able to turn it off at 700F, which equates to paying more for electricity thus negating the lower amps. Not that it costs that much to run a kiln anyway.

Mike Crowley's customer service for his Glass Hive kilns is the best in the industry. The heating elements burned out on mine and he was available on a Sunday to figure that out with me and had a new one shipped by Monday.

The programming on the Fuji isn't anymore complex than the Orton Sentry (I have a Paragon for our metal clay work). . . here is a step-by-step I wrote up on my blog:

http://envisionsf.blogspot.com/search/label/Fuji%20PXR3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|