View Single Post
Old 2009-05-11, 7:25am

Default Old studion to new studio

I have been reading some of the threads & looking at how people are adapting spaces for a studio & thought I would share my experiences. We moved from 5 acres last year to a smaller almost one acre property.

I struggled quite a bit with getting a studio at all because we are planning on moving again & I wasn't sure it would be worth the trouble but after a few months I realized I really needed to torch so what to do?

The house was just too small to torch in & we didn't want to build something we would just have to leave so we came up with a trailer conversion.

I was lucky enough to find an old 17ft travel trailer for under $1000 & with some paint & lots of elbow grease we ended up with something that works really well.

Those of you who saw my last studio know it had some pretty stiff competition but I can honestly say I am a happy 'camper'. I have enough room to torch as well as make jewelry & it is a lovely bright space to work in.

I worked in it all winter with just a little space heater.
Here's a pic of the outside-
(I don't have any pics of the inside but I guess I can take some if anyone is interested.)
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Back in my day, we had nine planets.