View Single Post
Old 2013-01-06, 12:50pm
Forever Grateful Beads

Hi folks! I've had some questions lately about how to get the petals straight - it seems like that can be the biggest problem. The short answer is... work slow. I know that can be hard to do when you're excited and want to see the end result (not to mention this bead is time-intensive), but that is the primary solution. Also, work cool as possible without letting it crack, of course. Working cool will keep the petals crisp!

One more tip: When you encase it in clear - and this goes for any encasing on any bead as far as it works for me - if you wrap the bead in clear and need to add more clear (because it didn't totally wrap/it's thin in one are, etc)... Heat up some more clear and put that clear on top of the clear that is on the bead and melt it in. Don't allow the second wrap of clear to spill over the initial wrap. If you do, the design underneath will look really funky. I hope this makes sense.

Anyway, hope this helps and thanks again!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.