View Single Post
Old 2012-03-18, 3:13am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

Default Question about frit sizes

I've just spent an hour trying search this, and I'm getting nowhere but frustrated - time to just ask!

Frit size confuses me. Some folks use 0 - 5, some use sm/md/l type descriptions.

I've managed to figure out that numerically 0 is the smallest and it goes up from there, but I'm trying to make sure I have straight is how it translates to what comes out of my Anraku sifters.

Am I correct in assuming that what falls through all 4 screens is size 0/powder, what sits in the smallest screen is 1 / small, what sits in the second smallest is 2 / medium, third screen is 3/large?

I always think of the 4th screen as simply "too darn big" and dump it back into the frit piston for additional pounding.

Do I have it right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L-111

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.