View Single Post
Old 2011-07-08, 6:11am

Kristina..that would be a great help Did you move up to your new torch yet from your HH?I was wondering if you found any difference in how the glass worked with your new torch.I was using a "similar to"HH when I started using Devardi glass and had no problems but I didn't get the Salmon until I was back in the city and using my Mini CC.Maybe I should try my HH again for that..although,Periwinkle,you aren't using a HH and not having trouble with Salmon.Sometimes I can get a wrap or 2 on the mandrel then the rod cracks off a half inch or so from the mandrel.I do use the prewarmer too.Actually..sometimes it shatters when I get it way above my flame,too.Its a mystery but I always like a good mystery.I tend to find myself with a more striking flame(less heat..more oxy)because in order to get the bushy flame,I have to have my propane flame so high I am afraid it will burn my vent system.If I use less propane and try to turn down my oxy to get a bushy flame..my oxy goes out..I play and play with the flame constantly it seems.
Aww..my health issues are indeed a pain but then I remember that saying..something like I complained about the pain in my hands and then I saw a person with no hands..I have to keep that in perspective.
Periwinkle,I too have not had much luck with batch annealing but then here at the Summer place where I am..our electric is 1/4th the cost it is in the city so I can justify making a smaller amount of beads and popping them in my kiln right away.Corrina Tettinger says in her book..Passing the Flame..that she sometimes makes her beads and a half hour after putting the last one in the kiln..simply turns her kiln off and says that is enuf to anneal them.I have done that a few times when I am torching late and afraid to go to bed with my kiln running.I have literally thrown a mediochre bead on the cement outside and they have not broken..so I believe her..lol..but when I torch early in the day i let it go thru the full cycles.Please let us know if Natasha's advice helps..I hope so...it does sound like a lovely color.
"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.