View Single Post
Old 2016-07-05, 6:39am

I've got three hummingbirds to show as soon as the kiln is cool enough to get them out. I must say I did many things not in the video lol. Without having the tool to pinch nice even holes for the bail, I spent a good amount of time efforting. Then when I forgot to add eyes in the correct sequence, I made a hook bill hummingbird. #2 was "born" without eyes-didn't want a squad of "hook bills"! ; ) The heat control necessary to gracefully sculpt the wings was elusive, as were the apply the wings on opposite sides but in the same area skill. I am making it sound way worse-they are recognizable as hummingbirds and I really had way more success than anticipated. This is also the first time that I cut glass with scissors-another learning curve especially with bifocals. I had so much fun and can't wait to examine them AND try again! Thank you, Vicki! You have given me a precious gift- I in no way imagined that I was capable of making a hummingbird at this stage of my lampworking skills! Great tutorial!