Thread: Ask Mikey
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-31, 10:46am

Default The Color Purple (tm)

Quote:
Summer is on the way? We haven't had spring yet! It's only hovering at or below 40 lol.

Can you tell me where this 'Mariner" is?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Also, can you tell me why purple is such a hard color to make? A nice violet purple
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry I missed your boring Sunday, I'm 3rd shift so this is my Sunday
I am sorry that on our newsletter, there was no link to that color on our website, but we are changing that at this moment. Thanks!!

I once heard somebody say that only God makes the perfect purple and all I have to do is look at an orchid to understand why.

This brings me to a funny story. While I was traveling to Europe I stopped at a German Glass Factory, trying to decide if I want to carry a new line of glass.

They showed me their colors, but the one item they showed me as a sample was the most purest purple color I ever saw!

The problem was that it was an plastic Easter Egg. They had yet perfected the color, but this was the color they were going to make.

You may want to A.S.K. me which company this was, but I will just keep that to myself.

So many months later I get a call from this company, and they are in Colorado on business. They had planned on flying into Seattle and driving to Frantz Art Glass for a visit.

I got a call saying there plane was delayed and they would be getting in to Seattle too late to come to visit us. But they invited me to drive up there for dinner and to look at some colors.

My first question to them on the phone was "Did you make the purple that you said would look like the Easter Egg, and they said "NO" not yet.

I decided to not drive 2 hours to Seattle that day

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206