View Single Post
Old 2017-03-10, 7:55am

Hah, sorry about the delay on getting it on here.

So, knowing I was going to royally flub it, I didn't make the nice canes that were shown in the tutorial. Except the stamen, since I had some yellow filigrana I bundled some of that together and pulled a cane...way too thin at the end. Oh well, I just used that way too thin part since I was already half assing it. So I used that, and straight translucent purple for the petals, and slytherine for the leaves.

As seen in my prior posts, my attempts at pulling flat cane were not exactly sucessful. Plus it turns out there's a good reason an opaque is used as a base for the translucent colors, they nearly dissapate into the clear. However, I think I'll try it again with the straight translucents, but this time melt them only partially in. Just to see what happens.

In any case, I think I had the center too hot when I started wrapping translucent around the petals, and that's what ended up corkscrewing the entire thing. I also didn't add enough translucent at the base, making the entire thing look like a bizarre jalapeno, especially with my first attempt at a glass loop. (Not too upset with that loop as a first try, actually)

Also the camera made the color stand out WAY more than it does in person.

As expected, it cracked at the bottom where I had puntied it (another technique I need to work on) but I learned a fair bit, and despite its many flaws it's still rather pretty. Not even going to gripe about the air bubbles, I'm lucky I got off as lightly as I did with all the wild flailing I was doing.
Attached Images