View Single Post
Old 2009-12-31, 12:01am
Southeast Alaskan Artist

Unhappy to s38hyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38hyler View Post
I think I might have metal poisoning too. I have been going to the doctor for about a month now and she couldn't figure out what is wrong with me, she had done x-rays of my spine all the way up and down, Blood pressure, a EKG, a heart monitor, complete blood work for sugar, cholesterol and thyroid, and several other things like being low on potassium, and other stuff. Everything is fine, except a little degeneration in the disk in my neck.

What has been happening is I am in a headache, fog, dizzy, drunk feeling, tired, weak, don't feel like doing anything, can't remember anything, can't concentrate. I also have had numbness and cramping in both my legs and my arm and my legs go weak, it started after I started doing boro, I thought I was venting well enough but it is funny all this happened in at least 3 weeks of starting boro, I burnt my finger and had to take a break from it for 2 weeks and felt better during that time. Then when my finger healed I went back to boro and it started back worse, so I told the doctor about how I felt she can't find anything but wants to do a CT scan and a MRI. I went to her today and insisted on having a heavy metal test, I had talked to my cousin who is a doctor and he said to get her to do a heavy metal test, let just say she wasn't happy about it but she did it, she would only do a blood test, she didn't know of any others and they had to call a lab to find out how to do the blood test as they have never tested anyone for heavy metals. I told her I wanted the urine test, she said there wasn't one. I figure she is mad because I talked to my cousin but she wasn't finding anything out and when I said something about the glass doing it she said it wouldn't without even listening to how I worked with it. She said that my kidneys and liver function would have came back bad if it were and they didn't.

I don't know if the blood test will show anything I haven't lamp worked since Friday, today is Monday, and the headache has pretty much gone away and head feels clearer. I think she was upset because I had talked to my cousin the doctor I just don't know. I hope this is it as I don't want anything wrong in my head causing it that might be worse than metal poisoning.
I am sure you have figured out weather or not this is metal poisoning by now, but if you are still baffling doctors this sounds a lot like Fibromyalgia symptoms as well (I am one of the 'lucky' .3% of the male population that suffers from this disease). Ventilation is very important don't get me wrong, but I suffered from most all of the symptoms you discribed here long before I ever lit a torch, and afaik i have not been exposed to heavy metals prior to this (minus some mercury when i was a kid but that was not direct exposure). The problem with fibro is while it is becoming a lot more well known in the medical comunity there is only a physical exam to determine diagnosis, and normally it is only diagnosed by process of elimination. Basically they poke you in certian spots on your back, arms, legs to see if you have 'trigger points' or 'tender points' that are extremely over sensitive, depending on the doctor they may assess diagnosis based on the number of these points you have or other factors. I truly hope that this is not the case and that you have figured out something else, because fibro is a wicked mistress, speaking from 5 years experience it is the last thing you want to hear your doctor say but if all else fails it is a possibility and may give a name to the suffering. If it turns out though that this is the case, i can point you in the direction of a lot of helpful info on the subject.