View Single Post
Old 2010-02-13, 6:07pm
Does it come in purple?

Default Has anyone made custom beads for a child?

I was at my booth at the farmer's market today, and a lady started looking at my beads, especially at the holes. She asked if I could make them with bigger holes, and I said that I could. She said they were for her daughter, who has cancer. I'm in Canada, and our local children's hospital has a program like BOC. She said her daughter was 18 months old, and I nearly lost it. She was choking up, and so was I. I just wanted to hug her. She asked if I could make some cute little beads for her daughter with bigger holes. I feel honored to make them for her. I spent the afternoon writing ideas down for beads I think she'd like. Of course, I'm not going to charge her any money for them. I just hope and pray that her daughter recovers. My neighbour at the market does a kind of healing touch, so she is going to put her white light and positive energy into the beads when I've finished them. All I can think about is that precious baby and her dear family. I've made beads for our local hospital bead program, but I've never had a personal contact with a family before and it is a very moving experience. I'm more motivated than ever now to make beads for BOC and our local hospital.

Carlisle Hellcat, OGSI generator, propane