View Single Post
Old 2016-04-28, 8:35am
Fried Cat

It's my understanding that 96 is saturated. Hence why most Frits are 96. But some people do edit.

However....
I would have sworn sideways that Anouk (Troll Lover) used exceptionally nice lighting in her bead photography and tutorials. That is, until I saw her beads under normal lighting in a normal basement studio. That colors were true. Mouth dropping true, she's a genius at silver glass manipulation. So if they're super bright and you want to know why, ASK! Compliment their work and politely ask how they succeeded in getting their colors to pop because yours is slightly duller, etc., or whatever other experience you had. Ask if that's natural light or studio lighting.

Keep in mind, studio and natural lighting may not make a huge difference. Joy Munshower has the bead photography guy take all of her professional photos (Dave Baldwin I think) and they are bright, but again her colors are true on the sales floor. You see the same bead.

I discovered one of my favorite color combinations by asking the artist. It was R-mustard frit on R-Iris orange etched.

I have noticed, like Corina's pink purple write up, cores make a difference. Even when you think it's an opaque, it can make a subtle difference. The CIM moonstone translucents love a white heart. Encasing opaque with same tint transparent is also another method.

Last edited by SGA; 2016-04-28 at 8:48am.