Thread: Jelly Fish
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-12, 1:21pm
Flamewoman

Hi Dave,
For twisty that I put under cap, I take chinese white ( only white I use ) and mix some up real well, What I do is take 2 sticks of the white and holding one in each hand I make a gather in the middle and just twist it and work it untill it seems mixed and smooth. Then pull the gather out to what ever size you are looking for. For this It would be pretty thin like 1-2 mm. then take a rod of 9mm clear and put 4 stripes on the end of it about an inch long. lightly melt the lines in so they won't pop off. Then take small rod of clear, I have some 4mm that I use for this, and attach at the end of the white/clear rod, making sure to let your joint cool just a bit so it won't just pull off. then heat the white/clear striped area and twist like mad,this were the small 4mm comes in, it lets you spin it tighter, pulling lightly as you go. You want it wound really tight for this. Then you can either make a tiny ring of this spiral white rod and use that or if you have enough control, you can put it on directly. I make my jellys a little differently than you do, remember I add my cap to the tentacles. So for this I would lay that clear/white spiral twisty on and melt it and flatten it with paddle just right on top of where the tentacle are. Then I put my cap on and add the clear as usual. I am getting some really nice jellyfish this way, and they do look very real. They look so much more interesting in person than they look here, wish I was a better photographer.
Anyway, that's how I do it, the long version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2013-05-12 at 1:23pm.