View Single Post
Old 2007-12-31, 4:16pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather/Ericaceae View Post
First of all I want to say beautiful flowers, Kerry! They are so lush! Hi DeAnne, The trick to the cupped cane petals is building the cupping into the cane. I add the clear to the cane itself before I pull it out and don't add any clear on top once it's been added to the bead. I've really only done a few of these though - I am re-inspired to try more! Batch annealing is perfectly fine if you've worked out a process that help you keep them from cracking as they cool. The final result is the same!
Heather and everyone:

You've all been so helpful and unselfish in sharing your techniques and tips here for us - I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!! (HUGE )

I've been practicing my cane pulling, and (dare I say myself) I've been really happy with the way the last batch (of about 12) turned out!!! Gee, I'm beginning to really believe in that thing called "practice" (giggle!) I've done some clear encased canes for stamen - but it didn't occur to me to encase the petal cane with clear - BRILLIANT!!! Do you put the clear all the way around the "football" before you pull it...I'm wondering if it will work if I just put clear atop one side...(why do I make everything harder? - Don't answer that...!!!)

I appreciate the encouragement with experimenting with the Crock Pot/Vermiculite process to cool before batch annealing...did you see Mustang Dawn's post of her new Studio? Good Heavens - gorgeous!!! I barely have room to turn in my little area of the garage, let alone find a place to put an annealing kiln!!! Sheesh, she even has a bathroom in there!!! (Green with envy!!!!)

Thanks again so much to everyone for their help and input!!! (Hey Heather, any chance we'll ever see you for a class in So. California? I would so BE THERE!!!!)

DeAnne in CA

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro