View Single Post
Old 2008-05-09, 8:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd View Post
Yummy colours Candy. I am working away trying to make something that good.
Does the clear go all the way to the mandrel? Do you have a pic showing the holes? Mine seem to be bleeding out round the holes. Do you use a thick rod of clear?

Help!

KMD
The bleeding around the holes could be from several factors. Some colors bleed out more readily than others -- opaque green, dark ivory, opaque purple, etc. If you're using any of these colors in your base bead, I would suggest working in non-spreading colors until you get really good at making these. It's also possible that your base bead is too hot to encase. You want the base bead to be cool before you encase it. Not so cold that it cracks, but cool enough so that it doesn't meld with the encasement glass too soon. Another possibility is that you aren't using enough encasement glass to effectively cover the base bead. Just keep practicing. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.