View Single Post
Old 2009-09-05, 3:05am

DeAnne, I think it's wonderful what you've done.
To me, The spirit is not in the ashes. The ashes are for the living to hold on to that, that is tangible and not morbid at all. Many of my vessels are use for the same thing although I do not add the ashes myself.
For those that think the spirit is in the ashes, you can not hold or touch the spirit of another soul once it has left the body. It' s already free. The ashes from the shell are left behind for the living as a reminder that that spirit once live there.
I see no reason to scorn or project that this bead in any way, separates the spirit in parts by keeping amount of the ashes. Each person has their own beliefs and rituals about death and the remains of it and it's wrong to suggest that if you do with the remains what is right in your heart, that this somehow desecrates the spirit.
No disrespect, Chau, but those are your beliefs and ways of dealing with death and the hear after, and it's beautiful (for you) but to suggest that your way is the only way, is not right for all.

DeAnne, I wish I had known you made these a while back, before I sprinkled my husbands ashes over our property. I didn't keep any back because his ashes are all around me on our property. I applaud you for the willingness to take on this task!
Love you girl!